18 C
Belgrade
Supported byspot_img
spot_img

Ireland Conroy Gold increases drilling in Monaghan following ‘positive’ results

Member of Europium Groupspot_img
Supported byspot_img

Natural resource exploration company Conroy Gold announce plans to increase drilling at its gold deposit site in Monaghan.

The gold exploration and development company, which is focused on Ireland and Finland, will increase the meterage drilled by around 70pc to over 1,700 metres at the Clontibret gold deposit.

“We decided to materially increase the drilling meterage at Clontibret following the recent positive drilling results,” Professor Richard Conroy, chairman of Conroy Gold, said.

Supported by

“The board is very enthusiastic that it now has reached the “drill ready” phase across its properties with a view to building a multi-million ounce resource in a first class mining country.”

Today’s update follows an initial announcement in February this year to drill 1,000 metres to target an increased resource and to increase the existing Joint Ore Reserves Committee Indicated Resource of the known deposit.

In February and April the company announced the discovery of additional extensive gold zones, with wide mineralised intersections reported and with grades of up to 24 grammes per tonne gold.

Work is ongoing on this additional drilling and, in a statement to the Irish Stock Exchange today, the company said it will update the market as new findings are confirmed.

Analysis of drill results and geotechnical studies is continuing and the company awaits assay results from the latter stages of the revised drill programme.

The news is a welcome boost to the company, which in February announced losses of €458,222 for the six-month period to November 30, 2017, according to the group’s financial report.

The loss before taxation has increased from a loss of €178,660 in the same period in 2016.

Last year, the company found itself embroiled in legal proceedings after Patrick O’Sullivan, a minority shareholder, claimed that he and his two nominees had been wrongfully stopped from becoming members of the board of directors at the company’s EGM in August.

Conroy Gold was successful against Mr O’Sullivan in the proceedings and costs were awarded to the company, with a stay on that order pending any appeal.

Source: independent

Supported byElevatePR Digital

Related News

Rio Tinto challenges Serbian government with arbitration notice on Jadar project

Background of the dispute: Jadar project and environmental protests The British-Serbian activist group Earth Thrive has reported that Rio Tinto has officially notified the Serbian...

There is no technology that guarantees the safe processing of lithium in the form it exists in Serbia

The Rio Tinto lithium mining project has never been conclusively dismissed, just paused, waiting for the dust to settle before being reintroduced with even...

“Jadar” will not pollute river streams

As the discussion about the "Jadar" project has reignited in recent days, the public in Serbia remains confused by the extremely contradictory narratives about...

Serbia’s lithium mining revival: Implications for EU membership and geopolitics

Serbia is aiming to position itself as a significant supplier of lithium in Europe, reviving a contentious mining project that was previously abandoned due...
Supported by
Supported by
Supported by
error: Content is protected !!